What Is Reiki?
Reiki is a lovely Japanese technique for stress reduction and relaxation of the body and mind. It typically increases feelings of peacefulness, balance and wholeness. This, then, aids in promoting healing as it facilitates stress reduction and relaxation.
By definition, Rei (ray) ki (key) is spiritual energy. We all have spiritual (or life force) energy. If one’s “life force energy” is low or not moving freely, we are more likely to become sick or feel stress. If our life force energy is high, we are more capable of being happy and healthy.
Reiki is a complementary approach to well-being and can safely be used in conjunction with other allopathic (traditional Western medicine) and alternative therapies. It is often beneficial in resolving physical symptoms, nervous conditions, and emotional issues. Reiki has no negative side effects and there are no contraindications.
Some of the benefits of receiving Reiki
- Relieves or decreases physical pain
- Calms the mind and emotions
- Reduces and releases feelings of anxiety, stress, and depression
- Strengthens the immune system
- Decreases negative effects of trauma, chronic pain, and post-traumatic stress
- Reduces nausea, fatigue, and discomforts from chemo and radiation therapies
- Decreases need for pain medication
- Assists with the dying process
- Helps during withdrawal from smoking and substance abuse
- Promotes and strengthens integration of body, mind, emotion, and spirit
- Promotes restful sleep, healing, and relaxation
Are you wondering if Reiki works remotely? Lots of folks are naturally skeptical. Have you ever wondered about the power of prayer? They both work because everything is energy and we send healing energy to others with our love and intention by connecting with the Divine Source … you may call that source God, others Father, Mother, Great Spirit, Creator). Reiki works on similar principles.
Clients report feeling the same benefits from a remote session as one that’s performed “in person”. They report feeling relaxation, relief from pain, easier movement, and overall feeling of peace. My remote Reiki clients also have similar breakthroughs as when I work with someone in person. Occasionally, they report even more profound/powerful experiences.